So it's been a little bit since my first and only post. I have not given up already on my blog. Although I completely understand why you might think so. I've actually been in Mexico for a little while... smuggling drugs or something...
I'm very excited about this meal. I get to grill, which is the reason we bought this magazine in the first place. Also the thought of grilling corn makes me chuckle. I mean, come on! Who does that?
Pork and Corn Ingredients
So in preparation for making this meal, I realized two things. One, the pork needs to be refrigerated 3-6 hours for the recipe. Two, one of my roommates moved last weekend, and apparently, he owned everything in the kitchen. So on my lunch break today, I went to the local grocer and spent my hard earned money on lots of spices. Anyone who has built a kitchen up from nothing knows what that's like.
The rub was way fun to make. I mixed paprika, brown sugar, onion powder, mustard powder, garlic powder, cumin, and salt and pepper. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera-girl... sorry... camera-person this time to take pictures. So there aren't any action shots of me, which is a shame if you were looking for a picture of me rubbing spices on slabs of cold meat.
After making the rub, I brushed olive oil on the tenderloins and the applied the rub.
Then wrapping it in plastic wrap, I placed the pork in the refrigerator to sit until a later time. Then I made the sauce to brush on the pork while grilling. The main ingredient was apple cider vinegar. If anyone could tell me what type of soap to use to get vinegar smell off my hands, I'd really appreciate it. Leave comments below.
So that's it for Grilling Corn? Part I - So Far So Good. I'll be grilling tonight an eating. Tomorrow, you will be able to see how it all turned out in Grilling Corn? Part 2 - Subtitle To Be Determined.
Woohoo! Cant wait to see how it turned out!
ReplyDeletethe rub looks awesome! and just wash your hands with soap from bath and body works. the fragrance is strong enough you won't smell the cider vinegar...and stop washing your hands in cider vinegar :)
ReplyDelete@Emily, I clean windows with vinegar, why can't I wash my hands with vinegar.
ReplyDeleteLooks great!! We grill corn all the time. Soak it for 30 min to an hour and throw it on the grill. It's great and easy! Can't wait to hear how it all tasted. Pork looks wonderful!
ReplyDelete